Chronology data should be put on the appropriate chronology page ("Chronology of call letters WLQP") .
Other material must be reorganized into appropriate categories of articles.
WLQP-LP is the ABC-affiliated television station for Northwestern Ohio that is licensed to Lima. It broadcasts a low-powered analog signal on UHF channel 25 from a transmitter west of Cridersville in Auglaize County. WLQP can also be seen on Time Warner channel 12. Owned by West Central Ohio Broadcasting, the station is sister to low-powered CBS affiliate WLMO-LP and the two are operated through a shared services agreement (SSA) by Block Communications. This makes them sister to NBC affiliate WLIO and all three share studios on Rice Avenue northwest of downtown. Syndicated programming on WLQP includes: The Office, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, and Judge Joe Brown. This station can also be seen on digital Class A WOHL-CD on UHF channel 35 from a transmitter at the Rice Avenue facilities.
|Branding||ABC Lima (general)
Your News Now
|Channels||Analog: 25 (UHF)|
|Owner||West Central Ohio Broadcasting, Inc. (operated through SSA by Block Communications|
|Founded||May 28, 1996|
|Call letters' meaning||Lima Quality Programming|
|Sister station(s)||WOHL-CD, WLMO-LP, WLIO|
|Former callsigns||W18BP (1996-1999)|
|Former channel number(s)||18 (1996-2009)|
|Former affiliations||Fox (1996-1999, as repeater of WOHL-CA)|
|Transmitter power||7.7 kW
9 kW (WOHL-CD)
168 m (WOHL-CD)
|Transmitter coordinates||40°44′51″N 84°7′54.5″W / 40.7475°N 84.131806°W / 40.7475; -84.131806|
The station's previous logo.The station signed-on May 28, 1996 with the calls W18BP as a full-time repeater of sister station WOHL-CA (now WOHL-CD). It aired an analog signal on UHF channel 18. The channel was spun off in 1999 and became a UPN affiliate in 1999 with the calls WLQP-LP. On September 1, 2006, this station became an affiliate of ABC. At one point, WLQP carried America One on secondary basis that was shared with WLMO. This channel had applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to perform a "flash-cut" of its signal to digital in 2006. However as of mid-2009, it decided instead to apply for a displacement low-power digital station on UHF channel 45 with the calls WLQP-LD. On June 8, 2010, the FCC granted WLQP a construction permit for their new digital signal. On September 28, 2009, WLMO terminated their analog operations and programming was shifted to WOHL-CD.
On November 29, 2008, it was announced that Metro Video Productions would sell its stations to West Central Ohio Broadcasting. One of that company's heads, Allan J. Block, is the chairman of Block Communications (owner of WLIO). While Block assumed control of the station's operations after the sale's completion, it was initially stated that the company would not consolidate WLQP's facilities on South Central Avenue with WLIO. It has since been stated that some consolidation would take place with this station moving to WLIO's studios on Rice Avenue.
On September 28, 2009, WLQP terminated its analog operations  and programming was shifted to WOHL-CD. Fox and MyNetworkTV programming which had been seen on that channel continues to be aired on WLIO-DT2 as well as Time Warner channel 9 and in high definition on digital channel 709.. On June 10 to avoid automatic license termination, the FCC granted WLQP special temporary authority to restore analog service on WOHL's former analog allotment on channel 25 because of interference with NBC affiliate WISE-TV in Fort Wayne, Indiana which is currently operating its digital signal on channel 18. WLQP's previous logo looks similar to Medford, Oregon's KDRV which is also an ABC affiliate. However, neither station is related to the other.
- Amyre Makupson - weeknights
- Jeff Fitzgerald - weeknights at 6 and reporter
- Erik Tyger - weeknights at 11
- Darren Maier (Certified Broadcast Meteorologist) - Chief Meteorologist seen weeknights
- Joe Downs - Sports Director seen weeknights
- Tom Nartker - videographer
- Phil Thomas - videographer
- Joe Miles - videographer
- Csaba Sukosd - sports
- Mindy Pauris
- Kyle Adams
- Tricia Bell
- Whitney Scott
 Former on-air staff
- Joe Aulisio, sports anchor, now at WKBN/WYFX in Youngstown, Ohio
- Nathan Baker, sports anchor, now at WKEF/WRGT in Dayton, Ohio
- Craig Smylie, sports anchor, now at WJET-TV in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Matt Queen, sports anchor, now at WEAU-TV in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Mandy Hackman, reporter/anchor, now at WYTV-TV in Youngstown, Ohio
- Dan Martin, anchor, now at WYTV-TV in Youngstown, Ohio
- Stephanie Stilwell anchor/reporter, now at News 14 Carolina in Greensboro, NC
- Jason Meyers, meteorologist, now at WPTA/WISE-TV in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Doug Lambert, photographer, now at WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio
- Jordan Burgess, reporter/anchor, now at WDTN-TV in Dayton, Ohio
- Joscelyn Moes, reporter, now at WFMZ-TV in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Pete Cannella, meteorologist, now at KESQ-TV in Palm Springs, California
- Heather Miller, reporter, now at WUPW-TV in Toledo, Ohio
- Marcus Bailey, meteorologist, now at WMBD/WYZZ in Peoria, Illinois
- Brad Underwood, reporter/anchor, now at WXIX in Cincinnati, Ohio
- ^ https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101340694&formid=346&fac_num=21476
- ^ http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/Auth_Files/1340694.pdf
- ^ "Phipps flips Lima low-power cluster". Television Business Report. November 29, 2008. http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/tv_deals/11550.html. Retrieved December 1, 2008.
- ^ Sowinski, Greg (December 2, 2008). "WLIO owner buys Fox affiliate, other stations for $2.4 million". The Lima News. http://www.limaohio.com/news/wlio_31503___article.html/buys_company.html. Retrieved December 2, 2008.
- ^ Linkhorn, Tyrel (February 6, 2009). "Sale of WOHL to WLIO parent company complete". The Lima News. http://www.limaohio.com/news/communications_33900___article.html/block_lima.html. Retrieved March 29, 2009.
- ^ https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101336229&formid=910&fac_num=21476
- ^ http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/prefill_and_display.pl?Application_id=1359104&Service=TX&Form_id=910&Facility_id=21476
- ^ https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101336232&formid=911&fac_num=21476