Chronology data should be put on the appropriate chronology page ("Chronology of call letters HOHD") .
Other material must be reorganized into appropriate categories of articles.
|Channels||Digital: 51 (
|Translators||K53JV 53 Bend|
|Owner||Chambers Communications Corporation
(Three Sisters Broadcasting, LLC)
|First air date||September 9, 2006|
|Call letters' meaning||Oregon High Definition|
KDRV / KDKF
|Transmitter power||84.1 kW|
|Transmitter coordinates||44°4′40.6″N 121°19′56.9″W / 44.077944°N 121.332472°W / 44.077944; -121.332472|
F channel 51 from a transmitter in the city on Awbrey Butte west of U.S. 97. Owned by the Chambers Communications Corporation, the station has studios on Lower Meadow Drive in Bend. Syndicated programming on KOHD includes: Inside Edition, The Insider, Entertainment Tonight, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. It can also be seen on K53JV channel 53 from a transmitter on Awbrey Butte. It has an application to air a low-powered digital signal on channel 18 from the same location.
Their previous logo which is similar to WLQP-LP/LD's previous one.The station signed-on as a digital-only station on September 9, 2006 and never had a full-power analog signal prior to the June 12 analog shutdown for broadcast television stations. KOHD is the first primary digital station to carry a major network affiliation. They replaced co-owned KEZI in Eugene as well as KATU from Portland on area cable systems.
For its first year on-the-air, KOHD simulcasted weeknight newscasts from fellow ABC affiliate KEZI (which KOHD uses a similar logo and the same slogan) while building their own local news department. Chambers Communications completed their 11,000-square-foot (1,000 m2) facility at Brinson Business Park on the north side of Bend in August 2007.
On September 26, 2007, KOHD began airing local newscasts (which were broadcasted in high definition) from 5:30 to 7 A.M. as well as 5, 6, 6:30, and 11 P.M. Weekend newscasts were canceled in July 2009 replaced by House on Saturday nights at 11 and Inside Edition Weekend on Sunday nights at 5 and 11. Following the March 5, 2010 11 P.M. show, KOHD's news operation was scaled back to three reporters and fourteen staffers were laid off. Long form newscasts were canceled with news and weather updates replaced them originating at KEZI's facilities on Chad Drive in the McKenzie section of Eugene.  
Weekday mornings cut-ins occur at :57 past the hour from 4 to 7 and :25 past the hour from 7 to 9. Quick cut-ins occur every night at 4:58, 5:57, 6:58, and 10:28. Sunday though Friday nights at 11, there is a ten minute update with news and weather. Separate local weather cut-ins happen weekdays mornings at 7:10 and 8:10, every day on the hour from 10 until 4, nightly during prime time programming, as well as weeknights at 10:45.
- Matt McDonald - news anchor
- Kristin Ketchell - weather
- Lauren Biskind - Sunday through Thursday news anchor and reporter
- Allison Martin - Monday through Friday news anchor and reporter
- Adam Clark - special assignments reporter
Former on-air staff
- Jonathan Bellemore - weekday morning news anchor
- Jonathan Bellemore - weekday morning meteorologist
- Jay Frank - weeknight news anchor
- Keith Bleyer - Sports Director seen weeknights
- Rachel Azevedo - reporter
- Doug Johnson - reporter
- Kiaora Bohlool - now at KTRV-TV
- "Central Oregon's New High Definition ABC Station" (2006-present)
- "Your Local News Team" (2006-2007, during period station simulcasted news from KEZI)
- "Connecting You" (2007-present)
- ^ http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/449742-UPDATED_KOHD_Bend_Outlines_Streamlined_News_Strategy.php
- ^ http://oregonmediacentral.com/2010/03/kohd-to-cease-all-local-newscasts-become-kezi-bureau