Chronology data should be put on the appropriate chronology page ("Chronology of call letters KIFI") .
Other material must be reorganized into appropriate categories of articles.
|Idaho Falls/Pocatello, Idaho|
|Branding||Local News 8|
|Slogan||Local People, Local News|
|Channels||Digital: 8 (VHF)|
8.2 Telemundo 8.3 The CW
|Owner||News-Press & Gazette Company
(NPG of Idaho, Inc.)
|First air date||January 1961|
|Call letters' meaning||Idaho Falls, Idaho|
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
8 (VHF, 1961-2009) Digital: 9 (VHF)
NBC (1961-1996) Secondary: ABC (1961-1974)
|Transmitter power||63 kW|
|Transmitter coordinates||43°30′4″N 112°39′43″W / 43.50111°N 112.66194°W / 43.50111; -112.66194|
Founded in 1961, KIFI-TV was the third television station to broadcast in Eastern Idaho. It went on the air in January 1961. In early 1996, KIFI-TV changed from an NBC affiliate to an ABC affiliate, swapping with the longtime ABC affiliate KPVI.
Originally owned by The Post Register, the area's leading newspaper, it was sold to News-Press & Gazette in 2005.
KIFI-TV was branded as Idaho 8 for a number of years, before being branded Local News 8 in early 1999.
KIFI has ended analogue broadcasts and transmits as digitally only, effective June 12, 2009.
On March 1, 2009, KIFI became the first station in the Idaho Falls/Pocatello TV market to air Local News in High Definition. TIt is currently broadcasting in a 720p format.
As of September 7, 2009, KIFI added the CW as a DT3 subchannel.
 On-air staff
 Current on-air staff
- Jay Hildebrandt - weeknights at 5, 6 and 10 p.m. (also Vice President of News)
- Karole Honas - weeknights at 5, 6 and 10 p.m.
- Justin Betti - weekday mornings and noon (also reporter)
- Emma Jade - weekends at 5 and 10 p.m. (also reporter)
- Brett Crandall - Upper Valley reporter
- Aman Chabra - general assignment reporter
- Hailey Higgins - court reporter
- Genevieve Judge - Pocatello Bureau chief (also fill-in anchor)
- Dairen Laird - general assignment report (also weekend weather anchor)
- Brittany Borghi - Pocatello reporter
First Alert Weather Team
- Michael Coats - Chief Meteorologist; weeknights at 5, 6 and 10 p.m.
- Ido Walker - Meteorologist; weekday mornings
- Darien Laird - Weather Anchor; weekends at 5 and 10 p.m. (also reporter)
- Scott Bemis - Sports Director; weeknights at 6 and 10 p.m.
- Alyssa Chin - Sports Anchor; weekends at 5 and 10 p.m. (also reporter)
 Former on-air staff
This film, television or video-related list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it with reliably sourced additions.== News/station presentation==
 Newscast titles
- Local News 8 (1999-present)
 Station slogans
- Local People, Local News (1999-present)
This film, television or video-related list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it with reliably sourced additions.== Sources==
- KIFI Homepage
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KIFI
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KIFI-TV
- ^ The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says January 21, while the Television and Cable Factbook says January 23.
- ^ Local News 8 Operating Analog Signal Until June 12, KIFI-TV, Feb 4, 2009