- Date: May 3, 1922-June 7, 1959
- Oakland, California (May 3, 1922-June 7, 1959)
- Owner of license:
- Tribune Publishing Co. (May 3, 1922-June 30, 1924...)
- Oakland Tribune (...March 1925-June 7, 1959) ( Note that this does not actually appear to represent a change in ownership.)
- Crowell-Collier Publishing Company (June 7, 1959)
- Subsequent call letters: KEWB
Note: Although differently owned, KZM used the same facility and personnel from July 25, 1922, and KLX was managed by Preston D. Allen (owner of KZM), until the sale by Allen to Leon P. Tenney in 1928, according to the homepage of the Bay Area Radio Museum's history of successor station KNEW. Allen remained as manager of KLX after selling KZM.